How long does it take?
Upon receipt of your order we will need you to complete the questionnaire (also available online) and to receive your genetic information for analysis. As your genes are with you for all of your life your results will be useful knowledge you can keep forever building upon the interpretation of the results as we learn more of value in the future. This is particularly helpful as new diet programs come along as you will be able to identify if they may be helpful or not and thus save you unnecessary time and trouble following a program that isn't suited for your genetic profile.
Is my information kept confidential?
All information is kept completely confidential. Any "actionable" genetic test results you may share are maintained in a password protected and secure manner and all appropriate legal disclosures and confidentiality documents are signed by all parties involved. At no time is any of the information shared with other individuals or organizations without your express written approval.
Are you selling supplements tailored to my results?
No, I don't sell supplements however I may make recommendations for you to include some selected nutrients and list foods that contain these nutrients as well as a few products that you may then choose to purchase for yourself. In general my approach is food based.
Resolve Common Issues with Food!
How to deal with common food problems
Hints on Food
Below are some hints on how to deal with common issues that arise around food and some ideas for how to resolve them. Being mindful of your eating patterns and stimuli are important as you participate in optimizing your health and wellbeing.
- Eat only at designated eating areas (dining room table, restaurants, etc
- Do not eat in the car
- Don’t stash food (except true emergency supplies)
- Stay away from places where you have previously found it hard
- Have low calorie options available (low or nonfat dairy foods, etc.)
2. FOOD QUANTITY
- Take only one portion at a time
- Share a restaurant serving
- Leave some of your portion uneaten. Only eat what you really need
- Clear away leftover food directly into the garbage. “better that the food go to waste than to waist”
3. TIME AND EATING - MINDFULNESS
- Take at least 20 minutes to eat a main meal
- Put utensils down between every few bites and chew until food is swallowed
- Slow down eating and-chew well
- Compare what you are eating and the pace at which you eat with others
- Practice savoring every flavor-be more of a gourmet than a gourmand.
- Take smaller bites
- More vegetables and fruits take longer to eat and will be more likely to help you feel full.
4. EMOTIONAL AND THINKING ISSUES
- Don’t eat when stressed
- Ask yourself “who’s in control-me or the food?”
- Give yourself positive reinforcement when you make progress
- Develop hobbies to replace boredom eating
- Don’t dwell on lapses. Pick up where you left off. You are still ahead because of previous successes. You never go back to the beginning once you have a plan.
BEST WISHES FOR EXCELLENT, LIFELONG HEALTH.
Health is your most precious resource-protect it with regular checkups and screenings.