Digestive enzymes are proteins that assist in the digestion of food. They are also thought to assist in maintaining health at the cellular level and are often recommended for cancer patients during and after treatment. more..
Nutrition is all about the study of food and how our bodies use food as fuel for growth and daily activities. The macronutrients, or "big" nutrients include proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. The micronutrients, or "little" nutrients are the vitamins and minerals that we need to be healthy.
What is a Nutritionist?
Is there a difference between a nutritionist and a Certified Nutritionist? YES
A nutritionist is a health professional who assists people in their diet. A nutritionist may be highly qualified or simply a clerk in a health food store who is trained to sell supplements and rarely has a world class education in human biology and metabolism..
Certified Nutrition Specialist
As a Certified Nutrition Specialist I have a graduate degree in human nutrition and completed my internship at UCLA. I maintain my continuing education units and am a member of the American College of Nutrition and the American Society for Nutrition.
Carolyn's Path to a Nutritionist
Like many other nutritionists my career path was guided by a passion for good food and a desire to feel at my best. I was inspired by the late Roger Williams who wrote “Biochemical Individuality” which remains one of the most important books on this topic. Each time I was offered the opportunity to become a research nutritionist or a dietitian I was fortunate enough to qualify for a research position. Now I have found a way to link both clinical and research nutrition passions and I am delighted to share these insights with you.
Carolyn’s services include:
- Identifies nutritional needs
- Identifies possible nutritional deficiencies
- Provides a list of foods rich inspecific nutrients
- Educates about good nutrition
Body composition testing (BIA)
Integrates current health status with family medical history
- Uses nutrition as a disease fighting tool
- Assists athletes or others requiring a special diet
- Maps out a menu for the whole family
- Teaches the benefits of favorite foods
- Points out negative aspects of other foods
- Provides tools for learning lifelong healthy eating habits
- Helps work with other family members to provide a healthy and harmonious eating environment
*Note: Professional Nutritionist services are usually covered by most health insurance companies but require a physician’s referral.
Carolyn's NPI is provided on all receipts.
How can I Optimize my Health and Longevity?
Discover the Answers...
First, you need to learn some basic numbers about your body:
- Do you know what you weigh?
- How has this changed over your adult life?
- Do you know your Body Mass Index (BMI)?
- Do you know what your fat and lean mass weigh?
- Do you know your fat percentage of your total weight and if it is in the healthy range?
- Do you know your fasting glucose level?
- Do you know your fasting lipid levels?
- Do you know what your waist measurement is?
- Your waist to hip ratio?
- Do you know your bone density?
- Do you know how fit you really are?
Get your personalized Wellness Check List and start your health discovery today!!
Order now from our Personalized Nutrition Store